Welcome to the HeavyMetalPro Forums

It is currently Wed May 01, 2024 1:26 pm

All times are UTC-04:00

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2007 11:16 am 
Yes, BattleTechnology wasnt Canon - there was no Canon in 1985 - 1995.. but it was Written by William H Keith Jr. and approved by FASA as not being contrary to its concept of the BattleTech universe... i have never understood why MechForce was Rules Level 3 / Experimental and the Best of the three Non-Canon but Official Magazine got butkis lets hope that either all three of the Official Magazines are Granted Rules Level 3 / Experimental Rules Status or that MechForce is stripped of it: FASA had absolute approval authority for all three, and FASA Directly Administered Stardate and Mech Force... so why is Mechforce Singled out? if its Because it was the official Organization why doesn't the Commando Quarterly Have the Same Status?

and Besides...
Mechforce is, to the best of my knowledge, Dead
and therefore so should the Rules Level 3 / Experimental Rules Status of its Publications
it is Just that the Authors comb through the BattleTechnology, StarDate and Mechforce Issues, Recordsheet Books and other Publications that they can lay hands on, Rework the wording into their own, republish the Designs, Equipment, Rules, etc that they want to make Tournament Legal, Advanced , or Experimental Rules or Simply canonize....

and then rewrite the levels of BattleTech Section in Tactical Operations Manual to not mention the magazines

or

mention that the Once Official Magazines no longer have the the Rules Level 3 / Experimental Rules im·pri·ma·tur (gaa... this means what ALL THREE had, but only Mechforce gets the credit)

or,

acknowledge in writing that these listed below are Legitimite / Bonified Sources of Rules Level 3 / Experimental Rules

FASA's StarDate Magazine

FASA and/or AWOL Publications (MFNA) Mech

FASA and/or AWOL Publications (MFNA) Mechforce Quarterly

Pacific Rim Publishing's BattleTechnology - Vetted, approved, Certified not to conflict with the FASA Perception of the FASA universe BY FASA ITSELF

MechForce United Kingdom's Issues & other Publications... while FASA may possibly not have had Appproval Authority for this magazine, it is evident in Mercenaries Handbook 3055 that at least one of the PTB at the time was a Subscriber... Personally, i would leave it at Stardate, MFNA & BattleTechnology as StarDate was PUBLISHED by FASA and MFNA & BattleTechnology State in their Submission Guidelines that they go through an approval process similar to their Modern Day Replacement... BattleCorps... MF UK and the other world wide Magazines were probably left alone... and worse, much of the Worlds Mech Force Stuff (it there was much published ouutside of MF UK & NA) are in languages that FASA Personnel probably couldnt even read, let alone give approval on

in relation to BattleCorps
where are the Experimental Rules, guys? I could care less about the Mech Class toys (but it would be nice to see if it was an eexisting experimental rules piece of equipment or something new in a story)... i want the rules... the infantry weapons, etc it would be an excilent venue to expand on the development of various weapons... heck... the development of the Light Fusion Engine must be one heck of a spy thriller