Welcome to the HeavyMetalPro Forums

It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 1:26 am

All times are UTC-04:00

PostPosted: Sat Sep 05, 2015 3:19 pm 
MechMeister
MechMeister

When you change your email on the forums, your account is automatically de-activated, and won't be re-activated until I am notified, and do it manually. That's not my choice; it's apparently how the Forums are set up, and I can't find a way of changing that. Normally, that wouldn't be too much of a problem, but:

These forums get hundreds of automated "Bot" registrations every day. Over time, over 10,000 spurious "members" have joined. These are only computer-generated registrations, when once activated, post spam, ads and other nasty stuff. As a result, I've had to go to Admin approval for new members, and when registering, applicants are asked to email me, so I can activate their account. Now, if they do it in a timely manner, no problem. But I've been going in, lately, and deleting all inactive accounts over 1 week or two old, so the 'Bot registrations are eliminated.

Now, when you change your email, your account is made inactive, but I don't receive anything. If/when you change it, please email me ASAP so I can then activate your account.

If you let it go too long, your account can be deleted, along with all the spurious ones. For this, I apologize. Please help me, and yourself, by emailing me any time you change your email, or add a new account. That way, I can activate it, eliminating the possible problems.

Thanks for your help.

* There are 10 types of people in this world. Those who understand binary and those who don't. *