Welcome to the HeavyMetalPro Forums

It is currently Thu May 02, 2024 9:02 pm

All times are UTC-04:00

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2016 11:11 am 
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

i did a search for "Ufueldrive" and "Ubopdrive" "transit" and "BattleTech" simultaneously to locate chip's rules to reply to them to read my Ufueldrive Ubopdrive and search results got me HeavyMetalPro.com General BattleTech Discussion; then i did a search for Ufuel drive and Ubopdrive transit and BattleTech, and search results got me http://www.wargamerau.com/forum/index.p ... pic=171830, and i read through that topic and i discovered that the Australians really like chip's rules for BT, and he does have many rules that would improve BT rules and would make BT more fun (i'm not sure if "chip" is his real name, though, and he doesn't use upper case letters for the first letters of his given name "chip" and his family name "burcham"); could all that be an omen that BT rules might be more improvedly developed? :D :o

PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2016 2:59 pm 
Lieutenant, JG
Lieutenant, JG

I don't favor rules chip posted for having ridiculous ranges for 1 heat point laser weapon or 1 heat point pulse laser weapon because, while an Inner Sphere small laser, Clan micro pulse laser, or Clan micro laser does generate a heat point of 1, the heat that's created is 10 degrees Celsius I think (or it might be 5 degrees Celsius, I don't have a copy of the hostile environments rules with me, so I'm not sure about the conversion of standard heat points to Celsius degrees); and when you double the range of such weapon, you square the heat of it, so the heat would be for first doubled range of weapon 100 degrees Celsius (10 heat points instead of 1 heat point) and second doubling of range of weapon would be 10,000 degrees Celsius (1,000 heat points, again instead of 1 heat point) and using TO Expanded Heat Scale, that weapon would probably be melted unless it had enough heat sinks to dissipate said heat like say on a structure, DS, Monitor, or WS. Using chip's rules for TAG and Light TAG as energy weapons for ridiculous ranges would be okay because each TAG beam and each Light TAG beam generates a heat point of 0 and is like a starlight ray, though shots homing in on a Light TAG beam could each have its own extra +5 to-hit modifier in addition to all other applicable modifiers for more game balance given how that a Light TAG beam is probably smaller than a standard TAG beam.

And ilikeTWTOSOIOAToW, most of chip's rules are realistic and balanced, though; but his rules for Ubop transit drives, Umagnetn transit drives, and Ufuel transit drives are, like you said, theoretically impossible like the NASA Space Shuttle; and his "Halloween" traits rules might need fine tuning.

Any rules ideas that I post for BT aren't official unless an up to date BT rulesbook declares otherwise. You might have to wait at least a fortnight for me to reply because I'm usually very active. I won't discuss real life politics or religion on any of these forum(s), but my favorite color is yellow like my skin color (hint).

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2016 5:47 pm 
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

hey Alayne, yeah, his rules for ridiculous ranges of those energy weapons shouldn't be published since they're unrealistic like rules for strafing are unrealistic, and i do like your recommendations for TAG beam & Light TAG beam ridiculous ranges, but his rules for those transit drives are interesting and i wouldn't mind them being published as canon because rules for typical transit drives have been published as canon but not in TW given engine crithits (what happens when one engine is destroyed & then how does unit stay balanced or does it fall?) and his rules for dark matter cloaking i wouldn't want in TW or TO given difficulty of movement while cloaked & LOSes, so put 'em in IO