Welcome to the HeavyMetalPro Forums

It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 5:02 am

All times are UTC-04:00

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2018 2:03 am 
Commanding General
Commanding General

So, I'm playing with the idea of deploying a unit of Nighthawks as special forces or as a trial unit in a Royal formation and was wondering what people have used for transports in this sort of setup.

I'm assuming a 3 squad (12 suit) or 4 squad (16 suit) PAL platoon to start, with organic transports of some type, but then it gets hazy for me. Since these are going to be Special Forces, or at least Royal units I am expect fusion powered vehicles. Air transport have a few printed options including various Vectors, Cyrano Fury, or even the Cobra. Turhans make sense for slower urban deployments, but things are much more hazy when I look for faster transport options.

The SLDF had Maultiers, Maxims, Goblins, Furys, Heavy and standard APCs, am I missing anything? I can buy the 3050s upgraded Goblin being the Royal SLDF version instead of the ICE version, but I haven't convinced myself of a similar Maxim and Maultier version floating out there. Should I just forget trying to have fusion power?

Thoughts? What do you use for something like this? How do you see a Nighthawk platoon, or company being setup?

Thanks for any feedback guys and gals.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2018 12:37 pm 
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

Special forces deployment i'm thinking VTOL's or small craft protected by ECM. The VTOL's would deploy a squad per vehicle while small craft would deploy an entire platoon.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2018 12:10 am 
Commanding General
Commanding General

A mix of 304 Cyrano Fury VTOLS, maybe backed by a Royal Cyrano as a gunship/firesupport unit fits that pretty well.