Welcome to the HeavyMetalPro Forums

It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 3:57 am

All times are UTC-04:00

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2018 12:35 pm 
Lieutenant, JG
Lieutenant, JG

What do you each think about this for a rule:

acid ammunition does double comparable standard damage when said acid ammo successfully hits ferro armor kind(s) (Ferro-Fibrous of Light or Medium or Havy, Ferro-Aluminum, Ferro-Carbide, Lamellor Ferro-Carbide), but said ferro armor kind(s) each don't need critical slot(s) or item slot(s) (and theoretically wouldn't consume such slots), but when used with other kind(s) of armor that consume slots such as reflective, reactive, and so on; but acid ammo does damage equal to comparable standard damage when said acid ammo successfully hits standard, reflective, or reactive, or hardened armor.

Acid ammunition BVs would have to be adjusted or perhaps acid ammunition should not be in tournament game(s) unless tournament judge(s) and those hosting said tournament and players of tournament game(s) agree before play begins?

Any rules ideas that I post for BT aren't official unless an up to date BT rulesbook declares otherwise. You might have to wait at least a fortnight for me to reply because I'm usually very active. I won't discuss real life politics or religion on any of these forum(s), but my favorite color is yellow like my skin color (hint).

Last edited by Alayne Leung on Fri Sep 28, 2018 12:36 pm, edited 3 times in total.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2018 6:28 am 
Major General
Major General

Too complex for its own good, does not offset the advantages of the weight loss unless the enemy has specialty ammo, disrupting game balance.

Something core like structure NEEDS -- for balance sake -- a direct penalty that applies ALL the time, not just "well the enemy should have been using ____". Sucking down criticals makes it a more meaningful penalty on larger units, whist increasing the utility of lighter ones who can spare it. If you don't like the fact that light units get a pass on that, use the optional rules that reduce the crits of smaller 'Mechs.

Look at composite structure for a crit-less version done right. The penalty (of half the internals) applies all the time. Much more balanced, a hell of a lot less complex.

[size=80][color=#114488][i]
It seems very queer that we invariably entrust the writing of our regulations for the next war to men totally devoid of anything but theoretical knowledge.[/i][/color][/size]

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2018 2:38 pm 
Lieutenant, JG
Lieutenant, JG

I clarified rule above regarding acid ammo that successfully hits armor that isn't ferro kind(s). How about what I've typed above, and also any acid attack that successfully hits any of those kind(s) of ferro armor automatically gets a roll on Determining Critical Hits Table with a -2 modifier in addition to any other modifier(s)? Let's also remember that multiplying each acid ammo hit by 1.5 and rounding up to nearest whole number, when using LB-XAC acid ammo or AC/5 acid ammo, that successfully hits ferro armor kind(s), is way more complicated than doubling acid ammo damage that successfully hits ferro armor kind(s).

Edited part typed September 28, 2018: Let's also remember that the published rules for critical slots of ferro-armor kind(s) have to be rerolled anyways if those critical slots are there or not. Also, instead of an automatic roll on Determining Critical Hits Table with that -2 modifier, how about a -2 to-hit modifier applied to Gunnery base to-hit number in addition to all other applicable to-hit modifiers?

Any rules ideas that I post for BT aren't official unless an up to date BT rulesbook declares otherwise. You might have to wait at least a fortnight for me to reply because I'm usually very active. I won't discuss real life politics or religion on any of these forum(s), but my favorite color is yellow like my skin color (hint).