Welcome to the HeavyMetalPro Forums

It is currently Mon May 13, 2024 12:19 pm

All times are UTC-04:00

Post subject: Joseph Mallan Redux
PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2006 1:27 pm 
General Nuisance
General Nuisance

I put these up at BattleCorps,... whacha think?
Name: Joseph Mallan
Call Sign: Khan
Unit Assignment: 1st Bat 3rd Co Assault Lance (The Wild Boys)
Vehicle/Mech: Battlemaster BLR-3M
DOB/ Age: 03/06/’27 (40)
Place of Birth: Furillo
Nationality: Lyran Alliance
Race: Um…Human
Height: 6’2”
Weight: 274 lbs
Hair: Brown (w/hints of grey)
Eyes: Hazel
Major Identifying marks: Scars over both knees and right thumb
Line of Genetic Descent: House Mallan
Image of what Mallan looks like:
http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/khan_mall ... pg&.src=ph

PERSONNAL BIO
The second son of Sir Benjamin Mallan, Knight of the "Commonwealth" and Lady Helen of Furillo, Joseph grew up in a standard (yet loving) military household. Pushed to achieve, taught to be responsible for his action, most importantly to protect those unable to protect themselves (i.e. Chivalrous to the end).
Joseph is a fairly big man, and because of Furillo's heavy gravity, is somewhat stronger than his size would suggest. By no means nimble, but with training in three Martial Arts (Tae Kwon Do, Shorin Ryu, and Wing Chun Do) Joseph can surprise you with his reflexes.
Joseph is rarely seen without a smile, and he tries to put a smile on the faces of those around him. He truly believes everyone is capable of greatness, and does everything he can to reinforce this in all those around him (positive reinforcement). As for how he can twist the meaning of words, he has become near legendary ("I know you think you understand what you thought I said, but what you failed to realize is, what I said is not exactly what I meant"). Although his unique "interpretation" of orders ("Yes sir, I am on my way to "Stand Down", right beside you sir. Now if only the Jags will stop firing at me….") has infuriated his commanders, he has never quite disobeyed an order.
Intensely loyal to his family and friends (of which he makes few if any distinction), he readily puts himself in harms way to protect those he loves and respects. However he would much rather talk than fight his way out of a situation. He feels pummeling someone over a spilled beer solves nothing ("After all I'm still wet, and now my hand hurts!")

MILITARY BIO
Joseph graduated from Sanglamore in '49 and was assigned to the 10th Lyran Guards. There he participated in the clan invasion, the Battle of Coventry, Operation Bulldog, and the Trial of Refusal on Strana Mechty. Joseph left the guards at the outbreak of the FedCom Civil War. He did not want the blood of his countrymen on his hands. He then went to Arc-Royal to join the Kell Hounds. It was there he earned the nickname "Khan" because of his relentless training against Phelan Kell's exiled Wolves. This helped him during Operation Audacity to once again help blunt the Jade Falcon's thrust into Lyran space.

BLR-3M Battlemaster
AKA "Rhynox"
Has been in the Mallan family for six generations, and became Joseph's when his father died during the clan invasion (3052). The "Mech bears many scars from decades of battle, and Joseph quips that the only original parts are the Command Chair and the VIN plate. It is however in perfect working order.
Joseph has been caught on numerous occasions talking to his Battlemaster, he does not deny it, and in fact he has said that some of the best soldiers that Lyran space has ever known have died in this 'Mech. It's only proper to acknowledge them.

Last edited by Khan Joseph Mallan on Fri Nov 04, 2011 10:39 am, edited 2 times in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2006 1:34 pm 
General Nuisance
General Nuisance

SITUATION
27 July 3067
The WARROOM
Harlech, Outreach
Chaos March

The room was normal for a bar that caters to the military, dark mostly, with pulsing lights and of course loud music. In this case the thundering beat of The Blues Airmen (a Lyran "local" band) shook the Warroom with a strong "Rock & Blues" sound. In front of the stage is a table with a holo-sign that reads "RESERVED! AIRHEADS ONLY" in smaller print, "violators will be forced to cut the rug with Tom "twinkle Toes" Tyler!" The table is populated with twenty or so "airheads", most wearing the bands logo tee shirts. One of the occupants is singing along with the band, a bit off key, and hoisting a pitcher of Timbiqui Dark to the band and taking a heavy drink. As he drinks, his hazel eyes sweep the crowd casually. As he sets down his drink, wiping his mustache with his forearm, his face splits into a wicked grin as he gets up and stalks a couple "dancing" (well the blonde woman is dancing, the twig of a man is…spasming!) With a sudden rush, arms outstretched, he lunges forward grabbing the not-so surprised couple into a bear hug, lifting them effortlessly from the floor! "KHAN!" the woman shouts laughing. The whole time her partner continues to twitch almost in rhythm to the beat. Khan rocks the two in his arms as though they were a single person. As he sets them down, the male dancer grabs Khan's hand and begins to simultaneously "jitter-bug" & "Charleston". Khan throws his head back and roars with laughter as he just stands in place. He finally separates himself from the man's grasp shouting, "YOU GO TOM!"

Returning to his seat, Khan again glances around the room before he sits, and violently thrashes his head in time with the music. Once at the table, Khan, leans in and talks to this person or that, and bursts into belly laughs, all the while drinking from his pitcher.

Suddenly, Khan's demeanor changes, he goes silent, his face emotionless, focusing his attention on the opposite end of the table. A bar patron is "hitting on" a curvaceous women at the table. Oblivious to the fuming stares coming from her apparent boyfriend and her seaming disgust. Khan sets down his drink, sliding his chair back, and pushes two others in, clearing a path. His eyes never wavering from the situation at the other end of the table as he prepares to pounce, if needed, some of the "Airheads" see Khan's actions and smile ruefully and shake their heads a little.

Khan get's up and calmly walks towards the couple, gently resting his hand on the shoulder of the patron.
"Hi" he says, "Names' Joseph Mallan, friends call me Khan!" As the patron looked angrily up at Khan, he continued, "These are my friends, Karen (waving his free hand) and her husband "Solaris" John (reaching over and clasping Johns hand in a big shake)."
Turning his eyes to John, Joseph asked, "How long have you two been married now? What about eight month's right?" Red eyes glaring at the would-be suitor, John nods.
Joseph turned to Karen and asks, "Karen, you would be very upset if John accidentally killed this guy and ended up in prison wouldn't you?" Tersely Karen responds, "No [crap], Khan!"
Joseph looks at the patron, smiling he begins, "See, I figured you did not know these two were married and all, so why don't we go over to the bar, I'll buy you a drink, and everyone can have a good time listening to the band?!"
"Hey Man this Who… "The man started, but was cut off instantly when Joseph shifted his hold, and smashed his head into the table with a polite, "please?"
"You broke my frakkin' nose!" the man bellowed, "You don't know who I am man! I'm going to ruin your night!"
Joseph responded by bringing up his free hand and grabbing the man's throat in a three fingered claw, with enough force to cause him to gurgle. Looking him in the eyes calmly and said, "Your right! I don't know who you are. What's more I don't care." Lifting slightly the man had to rise to his toes to meet Joseph sorrowful eyes. Shaking his head Joseph continued, "I am trained in three different martial systems. I can shoot your eyes out at a thousand meters with most rifles and even some pistols." Dropping to a near whisper he went on, "I fought the Jade Falcon from the day they hit our boarder. I fought them again on Coventry. I was there to route the Smoke Jaguars in the Combine and then on Huntress. I was there when Victor Steiner-Davion killed Khan Osis! I have killed more people in the last ten years than you have ever known. So please, don't think you impress me with your bravado."
With that Joseph released to man. Trying to regain some of his composure the ruffian hoarsely spat, "So you think you're some kinda war hero?" Joseph just looked at the man and shook his head, "No, I'm no hero, I'm a soldier. One who fought and bled, so that you could be free to be as big an ass as you possibly could. Now go back to your friends so I can drink my beer and enjoy my band."
Seeing that the man was walking away, Joseph turned back to the table, smiled and roared in joy, "MAN I LOVE THIS SONG!", and broke into a really poor "air" guitar performance.

HUNTRESS
SITUATION…Aww CRAP!
Beams of coherent light flashed past and long range missiles slam into the hill Joseph Mallan was using as cover. Glancing down at his consoles wire-frame, evilly flashing red and even black in some areas, ignoring the strobing warning light signaling damage to his engines' shielding, shaking his head "I know your tired old friend" he whispered so not to activate his voice com… again. "But the Highlanders need us to hold back those clan bastards just a few more minutes, we owe them that time." Clearing his throat Joseph calls, "Hey Cap'n!?"

"Damocles One here, go."

"Did you forget to turn on the no smoking sign again sir? These Jags just don’t seem to take a hint."

"Khan, I'm a little busy!" tension lacing the response as static burst over the channel after man made lightning lashed out at Captain Christafori's Penetrator.

"Yea, my sensors are picking up tw…three Omnis, need some help?"

'How the hell does he always sound like he's asking to do a tune up instead of get himself killed?' Archer thought to himself.

"Khan your 'master is more damaged than I thought!" *Squelch of static* "….ixed star of Jag Omnis."

"I'm on my way, Sir!" Joseph said without hesitation!

"No Khan, I'm holding, you are venting so much heat I don't need thermal-scan to find you!"

"Aww …Ol’ Warrior and I can handle a little heat, It's the humidity, you know, *loud smacking of overrides can be heard* now that will get you every time." Khan's "friendly" icon began moving towards Archer's position.

"Khan, that is an ORDER, I said stand down!"

"Yes sir, I am on my way to "Stand Down", right beside you sir. Now if only the Jags will stop firing at me…." Blue lightning streaked over Christafori's Penetrator's left shoulder into a Vulture's left torso slagging structure as the Omni's left arm sagged, and then dropped to the ground, causing the dry grass to catch fire.

"DAMB IT MALLAN! I want you back behind that hill NOW!"

Another blast of Cerulean fire lashes out past the Penetrator into the Vulture, again hitting from the left side of the 'Mech. Only this time vaporizing the last bits of the center armor and damaging the engine shielding enough to cause the Clan 'Mech to shut down.

"I'm Sorry Cap'n, I can't do that!" Joseph said in a very calm easy voice.

"Why not, Khan?"

"Well sir, *furious slapping of the console resumes* I am about to shut down, Good Luck!"

"You to Joe." Archer said to a dead channel, "Thanks for the help!"

[/i]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 06, 2006 11:15 am 
Royal Kings Hussars
Royal Kings Hussars

Hey Khan Greeting from Northern Michigan :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2006 7:44 pm 
General Nuisance
General Nuisance

Quote: