PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2010 10:27 am 
General Nuisance
General Nuisance

BayWatch
'Mech Bay Baker
Cedar Ridge Barracks
Alula Australis, Free Worlds League
Late Evening, 6 April, 3068

"Come on! Come on! I'd start preying if I knew it would help!" Steffen Wiese mumbled for the third time as his King Crab continued to cycle through the start up process.

Just then the com system barked,
Quote:
“Michi how long until you can clear that gantry from Beez, damned fool is ready to walk th… well use the sledge hammer then, this isn’t a drill kid.”
And Steffen smiled at the insanity of the statement as he gave a quick check of his HUD he missed the actual content of the next few orders given until…
Quote:
“People grab cover we have incoming!”
And then Jason went down under heavy enemy fire.

Reaching back behind his command couch he found his centuries old .44 Desert Eagle slug thrower. Steffen reached out and hit the switch to release the seal on his cockpit. The hatch swung open, standing up was never easy wearing a neurohelmet, even ones as 'light' as the ones from the Order. The cables and hoses of his cooling vest tugged at him inviting him to reseat himself. Gripping his antique pistol tightly in both hands, he took a deep breath began to slowly exhale. He lined up his out stretched arms on a biker that was speeding into the bay. "Breath, Release, Aim, Stop…and Squeeze" Steffen recited in his mind as he squeezed the trigger. Steffen's arms flew back over his head as the ancient hand gun roared its deadly promise of death. "The piece of Blake be with you!" BeeRockxs shouted over his ringing ears.

In its day the Desert Eagle was referred to as a 'hand cannon'. The forty four caliber round could tear right through the targets body and still have enough velocity to kill someone several meters behind the original victim. Its power allowed it to even punch through many forms of body armor, back in its day. But this was the Thirty-First century and armor had come a long way in ten centuries. The force of the bullets impact was still devastating, and to prove it was still a deadly predator, it tore the biker from his transportation with thunder and fury.

Steffen froze as the biker began to rise from the floor. "Where did these jerks get military grade combat armor?" he thought to himself. Just then an emerald dart of light sliced into the biker's unprotected face leaving a cauterized wound the size of a computer stylus. Looking to his right he saw Paul Hussinec with a laser pistol leveled to claim another target.
Quote:
Please enter your authorization pass code.
the King Crab's computer said in a neutral male voice.

Steffen dropped back into his cockpit sealing his cockpit, "Sorry Dave, I can't do that."
Quote:
Authorization accepted. Happy hunting Steffen.
"Thanks Dad!"
Quote:
Self destruct system deactivated. Full control is now released.
In silence Steffen reach back and pulled the command couch's restraints into place and secured them. He seized the control stick and activated his external speaker, "My name is Steffen Wiese. You shot my friend. Prepare to die!"

The targeting reticule turned gold on the on coming biker's chest, and the locking tone sang in to his ear. With that BeeRockxs stepped out of his cube flexing the King Crab's hands and calmly asked, "Who's first?"

Post subject: Re: BayWatch
PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2010 12:58 pm 
Commanding General
Commanding General

I'm bit confused here... You wrote it like Steffen and BeeRockxs are the same person. Is BeeRockxs Steffen's callsign or what?

Fun story anyway *giggles*

[i]You know what they say, don't you? About how us MechWarriors are the modern knights errant, how warfare has become civilized now that we have to abide by conventions and rules of war. Don't believe it.[/i]

[url=http://www.mekwars.org][u]MekWars[/u][/url]

Post subject: Re: BayWatch
PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2010 3:02 pm 
General Nuisance
General Nuisance

Quote:
I'm bit confused here... You wrote it like Steffen and BeeRockxs are the same person. Is BeeRockxs Steffen's callsign or what?

Fun story anyway *giggles*
Yeah Steffen "BeeRockxs" Weise. My writing skills weren't as polished when I wrote that one.

Not to mention it was wrote for folks who already knew the characters