* Chihawk and Rick are the only posters allowed to start new topics.
* Only designs are allowed to be posted within the contest threads. There will be an open catch-all thread that folks are welcomed to make contest comments in. Off topic posts in that thread will likely be deleted.
* The Design Tournament is open to any registered HM Forum member, and all designs must have been created using the Heavy metal programs.
* Posters are allowed ONE submission per contest. All submissions MUST BE original for the 2011 Heavy Metal Pro Design Tournament; meaning if you posted a design previously on this site or others it is ineligible for the tournament.
* A team of judges (who may or may not be posters here) will determine the winner of each contest. The winning design will be awarded 9 points. The 2nd place design will be awarded 4 points. The 3rd place design will be awarded 2 points. Every design submitted will be worth one point. The poster with the most points after the contests (the number of which is still currently TBA, but it looks like it will be 10) will be declared the Design Tournament champion.
* All designs should be by you, not just copies of a design that someone else posted and you liked. We are trusting you to follow this rule. If it is determined that a posted design was originally designed by someone else, it will be removed from the contest and no points will be awarded for that design. If it is ruled by the judges it was intentional, earned points may be deducted and suspension from some or all of the contest is possible. If time allows the judges may allowed posters to submit a second design to replace on that has been ruled ineligible.
* Obviously there will be submissions that closely resemble previously released official and created designs (that's just the nature of creating your own designs), so just because two designs have similar stats doesn't necessarily mean it's "stolen" from elsewhere. If there is a question of the "legality" of a submission please PM the details to Chihawk, who will bring the information to the judges. The decisions of the judges in this area are final.
* In posting a design, you should post only the Text TRO, in CODE tags for readability. Please also upload the Heavy Metal file to the post using the "Upload attachment" feature.
* If you have to add or correct any information in a posted design, please EDIT it; do not post again. It is to your advantage to post everything correctly and completely the first time. Also remember to delete your attachment upload (this can be done through your "User Control Panel") and upload the correct design if needed.
* Designs need not include fluff, but some judges prefer to have it included for a design so you may wish to give adding some a try. These judges are all "A for effort" type people, so any decent attempt at fluff will earn you some points in their eyes.
* The winners in each contest and a running tally of scores will be posted in each contest thread, and that running tally of scores will also have its own thread for quick reference.
* All normal forum rules apply to the 2011 Heavy Metal Pro Design Tournament
* These rules are subject to change without notice, and the decisions of the judges are final.
* The winning designs will eventually be posted on a Contest Winners page on HeavyMetalPro.com, giving you credit for the design. An HTML page will display the design, and a link will be given to download load the design.