Welcome to the HeavyMetalPro Forums

It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 12:59 am

All times are UTC-04:00

PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2018 11:39 am 
Stratego
Stratego

So back in 2013 Palladium Games comes out and has this Kickstarter for Robotech Roleplaying Tactics, aka their miniatures game for Robotech, okay cool Robotech was one of the 80s cartoons that I would get up on Saturday to watch at 6am in Richmond VA and enjoyed. Cool a check to miniatures I can use for both this game and BT as well, double win. Hey even better I can a MAC II out the deal...did I mention Palladium Games was doing this?

So fast forward, the game that was promised in 2014 arrives in 2015 and then from that point forward excuse after excuse over Wave 2 has been pushed out from Kevin and company. We have heard everything from weather issues, to the Chinese New Year to factory issues, to customs issues to 3D model issues, to them blaming other folks and even trying to use another member of their team who well tried to commite suicide for reasons that Kevin made public in a rant that attacked the backers because we called them on their excuses and how it was our fault that this tragic event happen.

Now here it is 2018 and today we get notice that Wave 2 won't happen and that PG has lost the their licenses, again, to sell any thing related to Robotech. So their offering to meet the Kickstarter is to offer Wave One items in place of Wave 2, and yet they want the backers to fork out shipping and handling of these cause the cost is something PG can't cover.

So many are stuck with getting just what they put in, none of the extras that were pushed as if you give us the extra money you can unlock...and nope. And they also removed some of the extras from folks' orders and that has cause more to get mad, me included. So their offering is this you have credit, say you picked a Wave 2 package that should have netted you several things, but their math seems to think you only have $30 worth of credit, so you can get ONE box of Wave One miniatures and shipping and that is it.

How Palladium has stayed in business this long is beyond understanding and how Harmony Gold didn't step in and do something is also a bit of puzzlement, but all I can say is I learned two things, never do business with Harmony Gold and two think twice about supporting a Kickstarter again.

Darkness is a friend of mine. Sometimes I have to beat it back, or it would overwhelm me. Shirley Meier

[url]http://karagin12.livejournal.com/[/url]

The Wookiee, he's not wearing any pants!

[img]http://www.heavymetalpro.com/countries/mil-army.gif[/img]

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2018 2:06 am 
Commanding General
Commanding General

So I bought the RTT box set, but I didn't do the kickstart or anything. PB has never had a great reputation for getting projects out on time, and that's being kind. I feel bad for anyone who did the kickstart. The whole project seems to have been handled badly. What really surprises me is how PB and by extension HG has handled communication. The offered credit seems pretty lousy, for what I know about cancelled kickstarts, but I'm hardly an expert.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2018 10:38 pm 
Stratego
Stratego

It gets better, they are claiming since they got use the Wave One items then they meet the intent of the KS and thus do not owe anyone a monetary refund. Many are disputing this and a group has set up the start of class action lawsuit and PB is doing all it can to make sure that if you take Wave One items to in place of Wave Two, they you can't hold them to anything else, aka you can't be part of the lawsuit. Also since Kevin and company want us to pay the shipping for anything we get in place of Wave 2 it makes it even more of they gain we lose deal.

Yes I never thought a KS was going to be a gold mine, but it is funny how the whole time they had the money everything kept going up in cost, but a lot of other PB RPG stuff got pushed out while the RRT stuff seemed to be left in the dust. Added to this they are only honoring the original buy in/upgrade for Wave 2, not the extra stuff, which means many are out $100s of dollars when that is what we would have been getting, and instead on average you are looking at a $30 credit, and they have not lowered the cost of anything and add in the shipping and you might end up owing them money.

Palladium needs to be taken to court over this, and their shady business actions need to be brought to light and Kevin needs to man up and actually tell the truth as to were the money went and why he couldn't be honest with us 5 years ago when things went south.

Darkness is a friend of mine. Sometimes I have to beat it back, or it would overwhelm me. Shirley Meier

[url]http://karagin12.livejournal.com/[/url]

The Wookiee, he's not wearing any pants!

[img]http://www.heavymetalpro.com/countries/mil-army.gif[/img]

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2018 2:26 am 
Commanding General
Commanding General

I feel for you Kar. I remember looking at the KickStart when I first saw it, thinking how cool it was, then rethinking that I really didn't want to put money into something like this based on PB's release history with books. I love a lot of the storytelling etc PB does, and have 95% of the books they have ever published from Mechanoids and TMNT to the second edition of Robotech and Dead Reign, plus everything in between. I also own games that are incomplete a decade plus later because follow up books were never published(BtS2 and Land of the Damned I'm thinking of YOU). I love the ideas, and can tolerate the system, but the business side of PB has always been an issue.