Welcome to the HeavyMetalPro Forums

It is currently Wed May 01, 2024 9:30 pm

All times are UTC-04:00

Post subject: Ice Hellion Gauss Squad
PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2007 1:49 am 
Major General
Major General

Now anyone who's looked through the original 3050 Clan omni configurations has to have come to the conclusion that Clan technicians must have been smoking some really good weed at the time ... face it, some configs just stink. Now I don't mean things like the Mad Dog Prime or Timber Wolf prime - just being a hotbox doesn't qualify. Mind you, the Hellbringer just about proves my case all by itself ... anyway, back to track. We all know the really "WTF??" configs. Things with 12 fixed DHS & weapons generating 2 heat. 'Mechs with artemis on an SRM-4, and only 1 ton of ammo for a gauss rifle. You might think "Who would be silly enough to use these configs?"

Clan Ice Hellion, that's who!

New sculpt Mad Dog C. I'd used its arms & missile pods on my "Vulture King" Mad Cat in Sword of Light colors, so what was more natural than to use the Timberwolf arms here?

Old sculpt Gargoyle B. Actually one of the better configs - even has 2 tons of ammo for the Gauss. But LRM-10 and SRM-4 with Artemis? In any event, it beats paired LB-5Xs and SRM-6s hands down. The Gauss comes from a MW:DA Regulator - the cannon shape (a large laser in MW:DA) just looks right as a Gauss rifle to me. Would that I had some when I did the Mad Dog. Yes, I know the SRM-4 is meant to go "on top of the LRM", but it looked better this way IMHO.

Plastech Timber Wolf B. A really silly config - LRM-10 & SRM-4 with Artemis both, but only 8 shots for the left arm Gauss. LPL & SPL in the right arm, which justified leaving it alone. The stock plastech looked kinda drab & static, but I must say none of the traditional problems of plastechs showed up during the mod - it cut cleanly, glued solidly & held paint well.

Comments as always welcomed,

W.