Welcome to the HeavyMetalPro Forums

It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 4:49 am

All times are UTC-04:00

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2013 1:33 pm 
Corporal
Corporal

Check out the Annoucnement on IWM website for more details

Link to The Road to the Spectral LAM's Kickstarter, this article is about the process that will be required to make all of the Spectral LAM's from the CAD. How the pricing was determined for the Kickstarter. NEW

Link to Kickstarter

Last edited by speck on Tue Jan 29, 2013 11:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2013 1:58 pm 
Supreme Mugwump
Supreme Mugwump

note that that prototype is 3D-Printed METAL

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2013 4:59 pm 
Stratego
Stratego

They want us to give them money to get a miniature line started, maybe I am missing something here, can someone tell me how this a good thing?

Darkness is a friend of mine. Sometimes I have to beat it back, or it would overwhelm me. Shirley Meier

[url]http://karagin12.livejournal.com/[/url]

The Wookiee, he's not wearing any pants!

[img]http://www.heavymetalpro.com/countries/mil-army.gif[/img]

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2013 7:19 pm 
Supreme Mugwump
Supreme Mugwump

the idea is to raise funds from fans, instead of going to the bank
for them its good because it finances their project

for u it is good because u get some stuff much earlier, or u get some collectables.
that is; its good when u are interested in the collectibles...

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 11:27 pm 
Corporal
Corporal

Just added a new link to my first post, it is about the process of what it will take to have the Spectral LAM's made into miniatures from the CAD files.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 11:30 pm 
Corporal
Corporal

Quote:
They want us to give them money to get a miniature line started, maybe I am missing something here, can someone tell me how this a good thing?
The point of the kickstarter for the Spectral LAM's to get produce the 3 LAM's (9 total figures) from the CAD files. It is a completely different process then the traditional way of sculpting miniatures. The link that I have added in my first post goes into more details about the process. They will still be metal miniatures in the end, its just a whole new way of getting to that point.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 6:35 am 
Stratego
Stratego

I saw the facebook posting about this, at it's roughly $20 a figure. Many I have seen post on the FB that are BT fans are commenting that IWM way of doing this Kickstarter is nto done well. I get the idea I that we might get something early or a special deal out of this, but their statement here
Quote:
"to get some seed money to learn if the process is economical at the quality levels we demand."
suggest to me that they have not tried a test run or are hoping we will pretty much buy them a CAD printer. SO my question is this, if money is given and the out come is not to their liking or quality levels do we get our money back or are we compensated in another way with other product?

Darkness is a friend of mine. Sometimes I have to beat it back, or it would overwhelm me. Shirley Meier

[url]http://karagin12.livejournal.com/[/url]

The Wookiee, he's not wearing any pants!

[img]http://www.heavymetalpro.com/countries/mil-army.gif[/img]

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 11:41 pm 
Corporal
Corporal

Quote:
I saw the facebook posting about this, at it's roughly $20 a figure. Many I have seen post on the FB that are BT fans are commenting that IWM way of doing this Kickstarter is nto done well. I get the idea I that we might get something early or a special deal out of this, but their statement here
Quote:
"to get some seed money to learn if the process is economical at the quality levels we demand."
suggest to me that they have not tried a test run or are hoping we will pretty much buy them a CAD printer. SO my question is this, if money is given and the out come is not to their liking or quality levels do we get our money back or are we compensated in another way with other product?
The "test run" is right on the Kickstarter page and IWM front page, the metal Waneta pictured was created from the CAD files and the 3D Printed parts (image of these parts is also there). The 3D printed parts were used to create the Master Mold of the Waneta and then one was ran off and assembled for the picture. From what I have seen of the Waneta that was created in the process from 3D CAD to 3D printed master parts to master mold is up to the quality that IWM wants. Compared to the original test from a early last year, that was done on a cheap 3D printer and the files were not adjusted correctly for making a miniature, the quality is no where near what the current process can do. Considering that the Waneta done on the cheap 3D printer came in as one piece, with all details hardly showing except for the 3D printer lines. Those lines carried over into the metal master. From that original test almost a year ago, IWM new they would have to find a better way to make them. There has been a year or more involved in determining how best to have these miniatures created from the 3D CAD files.

So if the project is funded, then the Spectral LAM's will all be completed and delivered to those who pledged by June or July of this year.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 4:07 pm 
Grey Lensman
Grey Lensman

Quote:
And that definately makes a difference !

"North of Mason, South of Dixon, 2nd star to the right"

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 8:20 pm 
Corporal
Corporal

Quote:
Quote:
And that definately makes a difference !
Actually the prototype is not metal, there is a image on the kickstarter of all of the parts that were printed on the 3D printer. They were used to created a master mold and that is what the metal one it. Its a master copy of the Waneta, that will then be used to make the production molds (not the assembled one).

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 8:21 pm 
Corporal
Corporal

General updates for the project, Stretch goals should be announced soon, answers to peoples questions, Instructions will be provided for assembly and Backers will be able to purchase more before general release in 2014. Also updates to the Kickstarter page has included more information about when they will be available, This summer for Backers, General Release in 2014 starting with Origins, Historicon, and Gen Con and the on IWM webstore in Fall 2014.

Also I have created a image gallery for the Kickstarter, right now it all the images from the Kickstarter page, plus three more painted pictures.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 11:11 pm 
Corporal
Corporal

Posted from the Kickstarter, Also Stretch goals will be announced in the coming days.

-------------------
Many of you have asked if you can buy additional copies of the WOB LAMs. The answer is absolutely yes. Quantities available and pricing will vary depending on the level of backing you choose.

Backer Level Quantity Price per Mech

$30 - $50 3 $8.80 (estimated 20% discount)

$70 - $100 6 $8.25 (estimated 25% discount)

$130 - $150 18 $7.70 (estimated 30% discount)

$185 - $275 27 $6.60 (estimated 40% discount)

$750 and up 54 $5.50 (estimated 50% discount)

Normal Iron Wind Shipping Rates apply.

After the Project closes, we'll contact all of our backers and provide ordering details.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 11:58 pm 
Corporal
Corporal

Just wanted to pass this on from the Kickstarter to the forum thread. There was a comment on the kickstarter about wanting all three of the LAM's in Ground Mode. If you pledge at the 70 dollar level (all 3 Modes of one LAM), if the project is backed, let us know that you want all three in Ground Mode.

Also, Just received the Waneta that I will be assembling to take some High Resolution pictures of for the Gallery and it is very nice looking. Images to be up this weekend.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2013 12:01 am 
Corporal
Corporal

Official Announcement of the Stretch Goals is on the Kickstarter Updates Page. Mike has already sent a email out before this announcement to all of the people who Fan Funded the Ground and Air modes of the Wasp, Stinger, Phoenix Hawk LAM's about how everything will be handled for them.

NOTE: Need to fix the part about the Shadow Hawk LAM having a Hybrid mode. I missed letting Marc know about that before the announcement.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2013 8:27 pm 
Corporal
Corporal

Group image of all of the 3085 Star League LAM's that are part of the Stretch Goals.

To see a larger image of it, go to the Stretch Goals 3085 LAM Gallery

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 9:31 pm 
Corporal
Corporal

Newest Update to the Kickstarter adds Spectral LAM posters to certain pledges and a options to add more of them if you want. There are three different types, Sample below

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2013 9:40 pm 
Corporal
Corporal

Additional Pictures in the Gallery of the Waneta.

Also, three days left to make it to the goal and fund the project.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 11:39 am 
Test Pilot
Test Pilot

[looks left, at all the purty LAMs]

[looks right at MWO MC balance]

:crazy:

"He closes his eyes and remembers the night splattered with brightness, the sudden flare of erupting fuel, the mad chase as, supersonic, he bobbed and weaved among the hills and valleys of the Ozarks, the laws on his tail, burning for home …"

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2013 2:16 pm 
Corporal
Corporal

Removed