Welcome to the HeavyMetalPro Forums

It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 2:19 pm

All times are UTC-04:00

PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2004 1:32 am 
Colonel
Colonel

This would be his last patrol before accepting his new Command with the "Around the World" Mercenary unit. "Vegasbound" as he was known to his lancemates would be taking just his Atlas down to the Dropship for the upcoming transit.

"Damn !! VB".........."Whose shiite list are you on ???"........... "you're just 2 days away from leaving and you pull this last patrol" exclaimed Red, his sidekick of the last 2 years.

Wearily, Vegasbound responded with ........"Its my responsibility for this Sector, thats why, now go get the other 2 slapdicks of this Lance and lets get going."

"Regional Command, wants a show of force to impress the natives." " They also want another look see of that abandoned factory complex at Epsilon 3-W".

Top section of gaming table

Middle section of the gaming table

Bottom of gaming table

"Vegasbounds Lance" approaches the abandoned factory area. Sensor readings are fluctuating wildly .
" Go to visual only, while we're in this metal jungle" "Lets just do a quiet sweep of the area and head back home "Image

Unfortunately, from the other side of the factory complex a Recon lance comprised of a pair of Draconis Combine regulars and a pair of Word of Blake Adepts are approaching .
"Why are we working with this scum"...... "Our honor can only be in danger working with this pair"

To Be Continued...................

Last edited by je from vegas on Wed Aug 18, 2004 1:30 pm, edited 6 times in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2004 8:38 am 
The Last Boy Scout
The Last Boy Scout

Thats some good terrain. My group uses the mini rules & 3D terrain much like you do.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2004 1:16 pm 
Colonel
Colonel

I should point out at the start of the story I mention "Vegasbound" (Atlas) is leaving to join the "Around the World" Merc unit.

In reality, the mech "IS" leaving on an "Around the World" trip. "Vegasbound" is one of 3 different Itineraries of minis I have travelling around the world.

I started this project over 10 months ago. You can check-out the photos of the various minis where they have been and the various reports of the participants over at the LotB site.

"Vegasbound" is replacing "Night Flyer" a P.Hawk lam that has become MIA due to a participants lack of responsibility of forwarding the mech to the next person on the Itinerary.

Here is the URL link to that project. This post has over 24 pages of posts to its credit. With over 13,000 hits by BT players around the world checking in to keep tabs on developments.

http://www.lordsofthebattlefield.com/fo ... php?t=8921

Last edited by je from vegas on Tue Aug 10, 2004 2:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2004 3:01 pm 
Colonel
Colonel

Chapter Two...................

"Ok kiddies, look sharp and stay tight"........"Lots of blind angles in this place" .......... "Lets get this sweep over and done with"........... Vegasbound out !!

Vegasbounds' Lance enters the leading edge of the factory complex. Sgt Red in his apty named "Fire Vixen" starts jumping for the high ground to setup an overwatch position..

On the other side of the factory approaching in a travel column the Drac/WOB Lance approaches.

"Why are we taking this endless drivel from those Snakes" Adept Ver tightbeamed to his lancemate Adept Min in his LightRay.

"Look Ver , we have gone over this countless times, just play it cool the Prefect knows what cards he's holding"..............

A similar conversation was going on between the other lancemates of this unit.

"Gun-sho, remind me why we put up with the meddling and irritating presense of Word of Blake???" asked Chu-i Tang.

"Chu-i", "I live to serve, I know nothing of politics" I drive this Catapult for the honor of our Regiment". You have had the education and upbringing to understand this puzzle better than I" answered his Gun-sho.

"CONTACT !!" "I had a quick visual contact , enemy lance approaching"....... Sgt Red sent out over the comm channel. I'm going to high ground"......."I'll letcha kiddies know what we got as soon as I get a better looksee"........

Vegasbound rumbled down along the backside of a large factory building aproaching a pair of petroleum storage tanks.

Lance member #3 was callsigned "BettyBoop ", she was running a pulse laser/TC combo outfitted on a medium mech. Rounding out the lance in the #4 slot was a beat up ,many times repaired mech that had once may have been a Summoner piloted by her husband Jarik. Both mechs equipped with jumpjets took to the sky and approached the corner waitng for the go signal to jump the enemy.

"Picking up some strange readings here??..........." Possible active fusion engine data coming up on my sensors"............ "We got company"........... Ok Mr Chu-i, how do you want this to go down ??" asked Adept Ver

"Gun-sho, park in those trees, ready a missile volley, await my orders"........."Adepts Ver and Min immediate flank left, see what you can convince to show itself"........."I'm going to high ground, Chu-i out !!"

To be Continued....................

Last edited by je from vegas on Tue Aug 10, 2004 2:28 pm, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2004 4:49 pm 
Highly Overrated
Highly Overrated

Quote:
I should point out at the start of the story I mention "Vagabond" (Atlas) is leaving to join the "Around the World" Merc unit.

In reality, the mech "IS" leaving on an "Around the World" trip. "Vagabond" is one of 3 different Itineraries of minis I have travelling around the world.

I started this project over 10 months ago. You can check-out the photos of the various minis where they have been and the various reports of the participants over at the LotB site.

"Vagabond" is replacing "Night Flyer" a P.Hawk lam that has become MIA due to a participants lack of responsibility of forwarding the mech to the next person on the Itinerary.

Here is the URL link to that project. This post has over 24 pages of posts to its credit. With over 13,000 hits by BT players around the world checking in to keep tabs on developments.

http://www.lordsofthebattlefield.com/fo ... php?t=8921
That's very cool. Good luck, you guys! :)

"There are no bad regiments; there are only bad colonels" - Napoleon Bonaparte

Post subject: chapter 3
PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2004 12:44 pm 
Colonel
Colonel

Chapter 3................

Facing an unknown enemy Chu-i Tang seeks protection along the elevated hillside. Facing the abandoned factory complex he watches Adepts Ver and Min pick up speed as they attempt to secure the left flank.

He opens a comm channel to his Gunsho and sends his next order.

"Gunsho"."The trees and buildings limit your vision"..........."Move to the top of the storage tanks"..........You may have a better field of fire and will command the battlefield"

The Gunsho does as he is commanded , ignites his jump jets and lands safely on top of the storage tank. Unfortunately he sees that the enemy is already there. He opens fire with his 4 Medium lasers. 3 out of the 4 lasers find their mark scoring hits to the approaching enemy. He fires his LRM batteries as secondary fire at the lumbering Atlas down below.

Sgt. Red in his FireVixen sees the Catapult complete its landing on the next tank over. He runs across the support catwalk to get inside of the Cats' minimum range for its LRM's. He returns fire with a Large Pulse laser and 2 Medium Pulse lasers assisted with a Targeting Computer.

Red punches the comm channel............ "Lookout Bossman, the weather will be turning nasty very quickly, watchout for possible hail"........." We're facing Drac regulars, got a Cat up here and a possible Command MAD sitting on a hill"............"lost sight of the other 2"............." Wanna lend a hand and send some of those 20's up here !!!"

"We have 2 Wobblies working in concert with 2 Snakes".........." Got the Wobblies coming strraight on" "Lets try the bait and hit routine??" ordered BettyBoop to her husband Jarik.

"I'm moving out to get their attention, you back me up with that dammnable wreck of a mech, OK Dear"

Boopsie, this is your everlovin' Jarik, I got your back".......... "Now let's go have see if the visiting team wants to play??"

BettyBoop raced across the opening towards a small hill. She succeeded in gaining the attention of the Wobblies only too well. Suddenly the Wobblie LightRay streaked past her and turned directly into her 6'o clock position.

"Damn, Jarik, Honey, would you please get this lothsome thing off my backside !!!.........Now Please !!!"

To Be Continued...............................

PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2004 2:38 pm 
Colonel
Colonel

I think I'll change the name.................

From "Vagabond" to "VEGASBOUND"

As this mini passes to each participant in different Countries they can paint a section of the mini, play it in a game, post up photos of where it has been.

Looks to me as if this is a good way to start Vegasbounds' "Around the World" trip..................

I'll take that bet !!!

"VEGASBOUND" is now in Hypertransit to its new destination

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2004 4:26 pm 
Commanding General
Commanding General

This sounds like some fun stuff man.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2004 7:35 pm 
Colonel
Colonel

Chapter 4...................

"For the Honor of the Regiment!!"........EJECT !! EJECT!! EJ.......... was the last Chu-i Tang heard from the Gunsho.

The Cat was unable to defeat the combined firepower of the FireVixen and Vegasbound and exploded as a possible crit scored on an untouched LRM15 ammo slot. ((Sorry, the photo of the downed Cat was lost during the editing phase.))

Neglible armor hits were scored against the FireVixen and Vegasbound.

With the Atlas moving as fast as possible to close the distance, the FireVixen jetted down from the storage tank with both ready to engage the enemy.

Chu-i Tang, Adepts Ver and Min poured fire into BettyBoop scoring a damaging head hit and getting a gyro hit, eliminating nearly 1/3 of the mechs armor.

Suffering from the gyro hit, BettyBoop repeatedly falls inflicting self damage everytime she fails her PSR whenever she runs or jumps. Jarik remains at her side sending out Gauss round after Gauss round trying to assist her in disengaging from the persistent Ostall and Lightray. Both mechs are determined to bring her down.

BettyBoop and Jarik escape to the top of a factory building using their jumpjets. The Ostall and Lightray are forced into running to seek higher ground to continue the fight.

Chu-i Tang jumps towards the center of the battle and engages the horribly mangled BettyBoop on the factory roof.

"As your friends destroyed the Gunsho, so shall I destroy you" screamed Tang as he fired every available weapon across the distance towards the horribly mangled BettyBoop.

The FireVixen rounds the coner of the building and fires a TC guided ERPPC and LPL scoring both hits against the Marauder as it opens fire against BettyBoop.

To Be Contined.........................

PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2004 4:44 pm 
Colonel
Colonel

Chapter 5...........

Sorry for the delay, been busy..............

Chu-i Tang was determined to bring down Betty Boop. He remained stationary and poured heavy fire into her mech.

Jarik jumped his mech down to engage the 2 Wobblies. This was a ploy to convince them to attack him rather then Betty Boop. Unable to jump or run Betty Boop returned Pulse laser fire augmented by her Targeting Computer at the Marauder.

"Vegasbound" and the FireVixen continued their advance towards the Marauder. Both mechs direct their fire towards the Marauder.

Betty Boop unable to withstand the onslaught fails her PSR again and falls, stunning her as she fails her consiousness roll. Her mech falls then slips over the edge of the building and falls 2 stories to the ground below.

At this point AV was really ticked off that by this time in the battle this mech was so severely damaged yet he couldn't finish it off.

This match was played with standard 4-5 pilots so PSR rolls were very critical. This became very true in the next sequence.

The Marauder ignored all incoming fire. The Atlas fired off its LRM20 racks scoring a dozen or so hits on the Marauder , it fails with the AC20 shot, it hits with a L Lazer. The FireVixen fires and score with its LPulse Laser and SRM6. The total cumulative damage is now mounting on the Marauder adding a +2 to its eventual PSR .

The FireVixen is currently at +4 heat and decides to include the fire of its ERPPC in an attempt to drive the Marauders PRS even higher. The ERPPC hits.

The FireVixen spikes at 19 overheat. The Marauders' PSR now stands at a +3 needing only another 5 damage points to push its PSR to a +4

Jarik fires a Gauss round hoping for a hit to seal the Marauders fate with its elevated PSR.

"iT'S A HIT !!! DOWN GOES CHU-I TANG !!! FOR THE FINAL COUNT !!! "

There is no need for the Marauder to roll its PSR. The Gauss round takes out the head of the Marauder and Chu-i Tang dies instantly.

The FireVixen succeeds in making all of its shut down - ammo explosion - PSR rolls. It jumps behind the hill to avoid any incoming fire. Again it succeeds in making all of its rolls and remains out of play for the next turn.

The Wobblies are now on their own......................

To Be Continued...............................

PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2004 1:33 pm 
Colonel
Colonel

The end of the story. Chapter 6

With the unexpected death of Chu-i Tang the two Word of Blake Adepts Ver and Min suddenly realized they were hopelessly outgunned.

Facing down a scarely touched Atlas strolling their way did nothing to brighten their day. Even though the severely damaged and unconsious Betty Boop was an easy target, it was time for a hasty retreat.

Both the Lightray and Ostall has suffered armor damage and it would quickly mount if they stayed around any longer .

The only avenue of possible escape would be to re-enter the factory complex to slow down their pursuers. The only obstacle was the one mech named Jarik who was capable of remaining in contact with them as they attempted to escape.

The Atlas was too slow, the FireVixen was on the far side of the battle attempting to cool off. Betty Boop was struggling to get her mech back on its feet. All they had to do was break contact with one single mech. So into the
factory complex they headed.

Without jumpjets the pair was forced to waste precious time and speed turning corners in and around buildings. They reached the low hills at the edge of the complex and stood back to back before the last sprint to freedom.

All they needed was to survive the single mech jumping after them. Once over the hill their speed over open ground would provide them with an escape.

With seconds to spare Word of Blake Adepts Ver and Min of the Drac patrol under the command of late Chu-i Tang reached the top of the low hill and looked back as the enemys' intact full lance came into view.

" Let them go !!" ........"They're too badly hurt to do anymore damage to anyone"............. "Vegasbounds'" voice commanded to his still intact but battered lance..........

"If you boys don't mind, I think I'll just walk back slowly, or someone can call for a recovery VTOL for me" chimed in dazed and battered Betty Boop.

"Well. "Vegas" I guess you made your last patrol before you ship out !!"" ................ "Now let's go back and ice down a few beers and relax before you go !!" echoed Red as the two Wobblies beat a hasty retreat over the hill.

As this story is now ending, "Vegasbound" has already started his "Around the World" trip and is currently in Indiana.

For those of you that have been checking in on this Battle Rom, thanks for watching.

Our next battle will be a 3025 macth-up to introduce some MW - DA players into the correct and proper world of Battletech.