Welcome to the HeavyMetalPro Forums

It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 6:55 am

All times are UTC-04:00

PostPosted: Sun Aug 29, 2004 1:55 am 
Colonel
Colonel

" THIS IS 3-56 TO ALL UNITS "................ " THE ENEMY IS ROLLING UP OUR LEFT FLANK "..........." I AM THE LAST ".........." ESTIMATE 3 LANCES OF FAST MOVERS '............... TRACKING INWARD ON A HEADING OF 37 DEGREES SOUTHEAST "......... " ESTIMATE CONTACT WITH OUR REAR ECHELON UNITS IN TWENTY MINUTES ".........." CAN ANYONE INTERCEPT ??? "............

"3-56"........."Thisa her' is da "Toad Boys" we 'all isa willin' to stomp on them der fellers for ye !!! "

TOAD BOYS ??/ WHO THE HELL IS THIS ?? HOW THE F__K DID YOU GET THIS FREQUENCY??? "..................." GET OFF THE NET "...............

" Now , ya'll calm down Son "........"we's whatcha call Spes -cia - lists", we's gots a pair of Almighties and we's testin' em out rights 'bout here ".........."

" WAIT A MINUTE !!! ".......... "FIRST, YOU TELL ME YOU HAVE A STUPID CALL SIGN I HAVE NOT HEARD OF"............"NOW, YOU GOT ALMIGHTIES ??? "............" I DO NOT HAVE THE TIME FOR THESE CHICKEN -[crap] GAMES, MISTER TOAD BOY !!! "................

" Now Son, I'sa been tryin' to tell ya sumtin' an ya'll jest dont listin too well "......." We's already, locked an loaded for bar " ........." We'all hold up yor britches for ye "...........

" Why we'all figur dem Mechbabies ill be comin' straight over yonder "...........
" Be jest like back home a shootin'a flock a crows "............

" THERE IS A COMPANY OF ENEMY MECHS COMING STRAIGHT AT YOUR POSITION "............. " WHAT CAN YOU DO ??? '.....................

"Why Son, I'va been tellin' ye.....jest put your trust and faith in the Almighty !! "........"Anda we's gotsa pair of 'em !! "

I'll shoot some single larger photos and add them in later. These minis are huge !! not easy trying to get them both in the same photo........

I swear there is a face staring out from that 3rd photo................. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Last edited by je from vegas on Sun Aug 29, 2004 11:24 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 29, 2004 3:47 am 
Test Pilot
Test Pilot

:yikes: What did you do to that poor MAC-III?

"He closes his eyes and remembers the night splattered with brightness, the sudden flare of erupting fuel, the mad chase as, supersonic, he bobbed and weaved among the hills and valleys of the Ozarks, the laws on his tail, burning for home …"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 29, 2004 4:51 am 
Antisocial General
Antisocial General

Q: What do you get when you cross a Longbow, a Mac III and a King Crab?

A: You get the heck out of its way...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 29, 2004 4:56 am 
Master Blaster
Master Blaster

Hey, je, are those the product of reposing some "All Mighties"?

Dr. J. Edgarlove or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love The Inferno Gel

"If you're not careful, you'll get us all whacked. Ha ha! Body in a woodchipper." - Phil Ken Sebben

What is inside the silo? Can it fly? A needle in a haystack... To crack the sky!

Post subject: New photos
PostPosted: Sun Aug 29, 2004 11:25 am 
Colonel
Colonel

Both of the mechs are airbrushed the same fade. It went from white - yellow - green - red - brown moving upwards. I should have stopped with the 2nd wash, that really showed off the fade . I did a 3rd wash and it darkened everything just a bit too much.

I do prefer down and dirty schemes over prissy Parade schemes , so I can live with it. Stil have to work on my inadequate painting skills. Too bad the fade got lost :cry: :cry:

The only difference between the two is one is highlighted red vs yellow and several decals are different,

I decided I wanted an arm change from what appears to becoming the standard walking configuration. By moving the arms upward and outward, and re-aligning the arms gives it a "locked and loaded" feel to the mech.

I really like how the 3rd photo turned out. That one I'm goingt osend to Brigade models.uk

ZAC:.......... hope you like my version of your creation

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 29, 2004 11:30 am 
MechMeister
MechMeister

My GOD! I hadn't realized the /size/ of them until I saw the map sheet more clearly! We need Mac's Super Heavy Mech rules for these babies. No, I don't think 200 tons will handle it! :lol:

* There are 10 types of people in this world. Those who understand binary and those who don't. *

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 29, 2004 12:03 pm 
Commanding General
Commanding General

Good to see the MAC III lives....<G>

Now, do you have the atomic weapons/mines strapped to the rear on these guys? <G>

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 29, 2004 4:12 pm 
Scion of Coyote
Scion of Coyote

Is that an actual MAC-III mini? Where did it come from? (as in, who made it, where can I get it, that kind of thing)

[img]http://www.heavymetalpro.com/countries/flag-us.gif[/img] [img]http://www.heavymetalpro.com/countries/ ... lorida.gif[/img]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 29, 2004 7:57 pm 
Colonel
Colonel

This mini is offically called "Chronus". It is from Brigademodels.co.uk

in England.

It originated on the LOTB site as a group effort to remake the MAC from Robotech. It was code named The Almighty". There are several stats for this monster on the LOTB site.

A player in England was able to refine the concept and get Brigade to produce it.

It was about $45.00 for the pair to have them sent to me. I also opted for the extra set of barrels to make 4 for each.

As you can see the mini is huge. The center torso is cast resin, the legs - arms - sockets - barrels are all cast metal.

There may be varients coming along. RAC - PPC - Missile

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 29, 2004 11:45 pm 
Loki
Loki

wow...that is...impressive

"I'm gonna Tea Party like its 1776." - Medron Pryde
Who is John Galt?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2004 9:30 am 
Fuzzy Marsupial
Fuzzy Marsupial

I'll take 3.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2004 10:50 am 
Loki
Loki

Dozen....;-)

"I'm gonna Tea Party like its 1776." - Medron Pryde
Who is John Galt?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2004 12:15 pm 
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Picked up a couple to add to my Clan Wolverine force - just to keep my Orcas company. :lol:

[i]"Listen, and understand: that fish is out there! He can't be bargained with, he can't be reasoned with, he doesn't feel pity, or remorse, or fear, and he absolutely will not stop, EVER, until you change his water!!"[/i] :fish:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2004 9:48 pm 
Major General
Major General

I like these a lot 8) good job.