Welcome to the HeavyMetalPro Forums

It is currently Tue May 14, 2024 1:24 pm

All times are UTC-04:00

Post subject: Consolidated Want List?
PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2015 4:42 pm 
Private First Class
Private First Class

Has anybody made a single consolidated list of all desired features in any new designer programs?

I hate to go looking through hundreds of threads trying to find a good list.

If nothing exists though, maybe this is a good place to start one?

PostPosted: Sat Dec 05, 2015 5:04 pm 
Major General
Major General

its basically dead.

Pain heals, Chicks dig scars but GLORY lasts forever!!!!!!!

[img]http://www.heavymetalpro.com/countries/mil-army.gif[/img]

PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2015 2:11 am 
Test Pilot
Test Pilot

Hey, now: We have to be positive, for when Rick is up for it … :nobeer:

"He closes his eyes and remembers the night splattered with brightness, the sudden flare of erupting fuel, the mad chase as, supersonic, he bobbed and weaved among the hills and valleys of the Ozarks, the laws on his tail, burning for home …"

PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2015 4:00 pm 
Major General
Major General

Keep telling yourself that Goose. I did but now I dont know anymore.

Pain heals, Chicks dig scars but GLORY lasts forever!!!!!!!

[img]http://www.heavymetalpro.com/countries/mil-army.gif[/img]

PostPosted: Sun Dec 20, 2015 3:26 pm 
Private First Class
Private First Class

I wasn't really looking for anything specific to Heavy Metal. I just wanted to see if there was a consolidated list of desired features out there for another project I'm working on.

For example, here was a list I had which I figured needed some things I couldn't think of:

ABSOLUTE PRIORITY
- Automatic Update support
- Output record sheets to PDF
- Output to Alpha Strike cards, with or without my options
- Load/Read all canon designs (including full search capabilities, including by weapons loadouts and owned miniature inventory)
- MUL integration
- Links to art, megamek icons, faction/unit logos, etc, all of which can be added to the record sheets
- Support for Strategic Battle Force and ACS
- Force tracker with multiple units, with persistence, random damage, and repairs
- Designers can have limits by year, tech rating, technology type, rules level, faction availability, and allow for prototype equipment
- Support for canon and custom integral, with custom always having a note on them so it is obvious
- Pre-existing damage
- Support for atmospheric conditions and scale differences when creating record sheets
- Ability to input damage to units and track them, repair times are calculated.
- Support for quirks
- Support for ALL rules will be implemented, even stuff in various April Fools products (though obviously marked as non-cannon)
- Support for uploading designs to a centeral location, for others to download

HIGH PRIORITY
- Custom Equipment Types
- Output record sheets to PNG
- Ability to output a TRO format to PDF
- Ability to output a TRO like equipment rulset to PDF (this would include all errata)
- Random Force Generator, with support for RATs from all the books od a more dynamic system
- Random Star System Generator
- Random Scenario Generator
- Take a design, make changes, return the refit level, amount of time it takes, rolls, etc
- Export designs to XML
- Export designs to Text
- Multiple language support (this requires design changes in the app, but languages can be added easily after)
- Option for some of my special rules (mostly alpha strike, things like tracking how some units may only have 1-2 turns of ammo, repair costs, underwater attacks, rocket launchers as an abiliity, and so forth)
- Option to use my own "above alpha strike" system. Essentially AS is now at a 4:1 scale for elements:maneuver units, I'll add support for 12:1, 36:1, and 108:1 (plus clan/wob/CS equivalents) to better support strategic games (ACS is completely broke IMO)
- Crit randomizer on record sheets

MEDIUM PRIORITY
- Designer for Base Layouts
- Illegal Designs (this may not be possible, if you want illegal, well, do them yourself as it isn't like you'll make a mistake)
- Output Unit data to Megamek MTF
- Integrated combat simulator (real time battletech with megamek style graphics)
- Support for special pilot abilities
- Inner sphere hex map with factories and planet data
- Designer for A Time of War characters (LOTS of data entry needed, could be a late feature)
- Dynamic record sheets. Basically a record sheet you bring up and can mark damage/crits to instead of using paper.
- Unit availability list. Essentially each element gets a popularity, from 1 to 100, by era, and then random tables can be created dynamically from that.
- Box of Death

LOW PRIORITY
- Random unit generator (not sure how well I could do this)
- warchest campaign support
- New unit acquisition
- Support for custom rankings on all units. Think Mech A is the best ever? Give it 10/10, think Mech C is the worst? Give it 1/1. All the users upload that data and when you view mechs, you can also sort by player rank.

VERY LOW PRIORITY
- QR Codes on Record Sheets
- Random Map Generator
- Full inner sphere in flames game. I'll have to custom the rules, as published ones won't work at all.
- Export to HeavyMetal Pro (probably end up getting dropped as HMP doesn't support everything, and it may just be a PITA)
- Export to SSW (probably end up getting dropped as SSW doesn't support everything, and it may just be a PITA)
- My own proprietary system to map out entire planets, accurate to the hex, for only a few mb of space.
- Icon Generator (something to make unit icons from Strategic Ops)
- Tables (basically a page to select any of the tables from the game, and press a button to roll on them)
- Custom record sheet designs (this may just happen anyway, depending on how I write the code. The old BTE site EASILY allowed for this, so I'll try to keep that process)
- Color themed record sheets (faction colors?)
- Ability to recolor black and white graphics on images (I did this on the BTE site, I could specify a few colors and the drawings would be recolored, might implement that same thing)
- Integral combat map. Basically draw the game map in the app, and you can use it to track things like doubleblind, building damage, terrain damage, fires, smoke, illum, etc
- Web based version of the product, or perhaps just one published for folks to use on non-windows devices.
- Interface for custom equipment
- Interface for custom chassis
- Formation database
- Warchest campaign tracking

PostPosted: Mon Dec 21, 2015 4:35 am 
Loki
Loki

That's a lot of good ideas right there...

:)

"I'm gonna Tea Party like its 1776." - Medron Pryde
Who is John Galt?

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2016 1:22 pm 
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

thank you Bad Syntax, i'll add to that list:

$*custom armors
$*LAMs to be updated with top of the line rules