Welcome to the HeavyMetalPro Forums

It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 3:03 am

All times are UTC-04:00

PostPosted: Sat Mar 14, 2015 2:31 pm 
MechMeister
MechMeister

Quote:
Sorry about the necromancy, but do HMAero custom weapons files have the Mass Driver Cannon data in them?
Yes, they do.

* There are 10 types of people in this world. Those who understand binary and those who don't. *

PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2017 3:10 pm 
Recruit
Recruit

I have had a long absense from BT, but have recently started to pick it up again after... Quite a number of years, partly due to the upcoming computer game reminding me I have (now I counted! 135 BattleMechs sitting in boxes doing nowt (a dozen of them were unpainted). As such, I - after a bit of wrestling, got HMPro up and running again, and I am even going to update to BV2 and the latest version. Anyway, to shorten an already overlong story. I downloaded the TW/TM weapons files (I apparently had filled some in myself last time I looked at it, but not nearly as extensively.)

One thing puzzled me, which is whats the "Ins" prefix on some of the laser weapons is. Neither my Total War nor Tech Manuals gave me any insight, nor did Sarna (i.e. the wiki). I asked Mr Raisley during fixing some other technical issues, and he said he didn't know either, and and graciously directed me to post the question to this thread.

Looking at the custom data, they appear to have a lot of Starleague sort of introduction dates? But some were much later (like Ins X-Pulse or Ins V-S Lasers) (the latter would have confused me if i hadn't already discovered Jihad-Era variable lasers on Sarna!). I at first thought (because I was messing with it at the time) it might stand of "Inner Sphere" for mixed tech, but then realised that it clearly wasn't that (especially as it applied only to lasers).

Can anyone shed any light on this?

PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2017 6:15 pm 
Major General
Major General

If I remember correctly "Ins" is short for Insulated. I do not think you can add a custom weapon with -1 heat so I did an entry for each laser weapon with a Laser Insulator equipped.