Welcome to the HeavyMetalPro Forums

It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 3:01 am

All times are UTC-04:00

Post subject: Vista Install
PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2008 8:45 pm 
Recruit
Recruit

Hello, I'm new to this site, but I have been playing Battletech since about 1984. Here is my problem. I am trying to install Heavy Metal Pro on my Vista machine, and after searching the Vista topic I still cannot figure out what is wrong. I previously installed Heavy Metal Pro on my XP machine with no issues at all. I am going to type the entire message I receive when I try to start the program. It starts with a Heavy Metal Pro pop up that has a big red X in the left side of the box and then proceeds to say,

Component 'VSOCX32.OCX' or one of its dependencies not correctly registered: a file is missing or invalid

Not sure exactly what that means, but it sounds like there was an error in the registration process. Does anyone have any idea what is going on here and how I can get this to run properly? Sorry for the long post, but I wanted to provide as much information as possible. Any help is appreciated.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2008 9:12 pm 
Recruit
Recruit

O.K. I guess I didn't look that hard because I just found more information about HMP and Vista. I got it to run after I changed the compatibility mode to XP SP2 and run it as Admin. I had to select both of those options in order for it to work. Sorry for adding a useless post to the forums, I promise I will look harder next time. :embarrased:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2008 9:15 pm 
Village Drunk
Village Drunk

I'm glad you found the info you were looking for...if you have any more questions feel free to ask.

Post subject: Re:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2010 4:07 am 
Recruit
Recruit

Quote:
O.K. I guess I didn't look that hard because I just found more information about HMP and Vista. I got it to run after I changed the compatibility mode to XP SP2 and run it as Admin. I had to select both of those options in order for it to work. Sorry for adding a useless post to the forums, I promise I will look harder next time. :embarrased:
Dude this is not so Useless as you might think. I have a Laptop, wirg Vitsa home and I am getting the same error message. Your post told me what to do to install it.

Thanks