Welcome to the HeavyMetalPro Forums

It is currently Tue May 14, 2024 4:38 pm

All times are UTC-04:00

PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2011 12:52 am 
Recruit
Recruit

I searched the forums for similiar issues, but didn't find anything with a cursory search and apologize if this is already covered.

Problem: When I reinstalled HMPro, several of the Clan mech files were flagged for not having usage (faction) tags. It asked if I wanted to set usage as clan default, but because I didn't know which clan mech files they were, I clicked no.

Situation: I wipe my computer at least once a year and reinstall for maintenance. My last wipe was this time last year (January). In January, I did not have this issue. I reinstalled HMPro, then installed the latest update v522_r3. I opened HMPro and ran the two utilities to refresh the file listing and to Update all data files. While updating all the data files, I recieved the message. I did not upgrade any other files yet, so my assumption is that the updated file v522_r3 may have updated files clan files that are missing the faction listings. I could be wrong, but you may want to check the update files on the server. I know I have updated things in the past, only to re-update them because I forgot to re-add something.

Intent: In the scope of all things, this is a small matter. But, you may want to check the files on the server just in case.

Second Issue: When I upgraded HMAero, the Lyonesse (Aerodyne Small Craft/175Tons) came up over weight and would not update. It was .38T overweight, and I just took the weight from the Lot spare parts and saved it

Situation: As above.

Intent: I do remember this issue from the last time I updated. Could you recheck the Lyonesse file and correct it if needed.

TY

PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2011 7:32 pm 
MechMeister
MechMeister

The program updates only update the program files themselves, not the data files. The message you receive should only occ when you're doing an Update on the data files using the programs. Basically, the Usage indicates that for the design's Tech Base (say I.S.) that no I.S. usage is saved in the file. Indicating Yes to the question sets ALL I.S. usage to checked, which usually is better than none. Don't know why the files may have changed, though.

* There are 10 types of people in this world. Those who understand binary and those who don't. *