Welcome to the HeavyMetalPro Forums

It is currently Thu May 02, 2024 11:26 pm

All times are UTC-04:00

Post subject: Trouble printing a map
PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2011 5:44 pm 
Private First Class
Private First Class

Hi guys,

Since I last posted I have installed the new HMMap update with the hex centers added and they work great. Thanks!

I tried printing my first map today. I turned out a bit off. I was printing to 8.5 x 11 sheets on my HP Deskjet D4160 making it about 5 sheets by 6 sheets. The preview looked Ok so I printed. What happened was about a one inch space between each of the sheets was missing. I'm using XP and specified borderless printing. Any ideas where I went wrong?

Ober

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2011 7:21 pm 
Test Pilot
Test Pilot

I'm sorry if I sound like a broken record, but: Wha? :confused:

Are you saying you a margin appeared in your print out taht you weren't expecting, or you wanted one, but didn't get it?

Was this margin all the way around the image, or only on two sides, as though the image isn't centered on the page?

"He closes his eyes and remembers the night splattered with brightness, the sudden flare of erupting fuel, the mad chase as, supersonic, he bobbed and weaved among the hills and valleys of the Ozarks, the laws on his tail, burning for home …"

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2011 10:45 pm 
Supreme Mugwump
Supreme Mugwump

when u print on multiple sheets about an inch is left free at the sides so you can glue the parts together. this has nothing to do with the option borderless printing.
(could be wrong tho, i did not use multi-sheet printouts for years)

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2011 7:49 am 
Private First Class
Private First Class

Sorry about the cryptic post. I will endevor to expain it more clearly. It printed the map but when I put the sheets together to make the overall map I found when I put the corresponding sheets together there was about an inch of map missing in between them.

Perhaps it is an issue with borderless printing conflicting with the softwares need to make a blank edge for taping them together. I will try it using a regular 8.5 x 11 sheet and see if it works.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2011 10:51 pm 
MechMeister
MechMeister

Yeah, play with your printer settings. HMMap reads information from the printer (and settings?) to determine how large an area can be printed. It then sizes everything, supposedly, to fit. If you aren't printing near the borders, it sounds like it's not letting it print everything HMMap is putting out.

* There are 10 types of people in this world. Those who understand binary and those who don't. *