Welcome to the HeavyMetalPro Forums

It is currently Thu May 02, 2024 10:30 am

All times are UTC-04:00

PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2011 12:25 pm 
Corporal
Corporal

I'm trying to create a record sheet for this mech, but I'm having some trouble.

HMP says that 5 heatsinks are included on the engine ... which is what the TRO for the Flea from the magazine indicates.

But the program is trying to force Me to include 10 heatsinks, which of course screws everything else up.

How do I fix this?

PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2011 10:20 pm 
MechMeister
MechMeister

Not sure about the design you're talking about, but all Fusion engines automatically include 10 heat sinks, and according to the rules, there is no way to choose a number less than this. If 5 are included within the engine, then you need to find room for the other 5 in your available crits. Tonnage for all 10 are included within the engine, but crits for only a limited number are included.

BattleTechnology, by the way, has a lot of inaccurate, incorrect or just plain wrong designs. I've tried to enter a bunch of them, and have included many with HMPlus, but a lot are not possible, according to the rules.

* There are 10 types of people in this world. Those who understand binary and those who don't. *

PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2011 10:35 pm 
Corporal
Corporal

you know, I think you must be right ... that design even had 4 tons of jump jets .... something must have been off somewhere.
oh well ... thank you for confirming about the 10 with the engine, I had forgotten about that actually and thought I was being "charged" for their weight, but I actually wasn't.