Welcome to the HeavyMetalPro Forums

It is currently Thu May 02, 2024 1:11 pm

All times are UTC-04:00

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2012 7:50 pm 
Private
Private

I've just discovered HMBA no longer shows buttons on the Toolbar - it's entirely blank. Quite strange, as it was fine two weeks ago and I've not done any kind of system updates recently.

I remember this problem showing up periodically in the forums, but don't know if anyone ever solved it definitively.

Attempting to customize the toolbar shows only 6 items in the "available buttons not now visible" box, and NOTHING in the "currently visible buttons" box. Also, clicking the Add/Remove/MoveUp/MoveDown buttons appears to have no effect. Examining HMBA.ini, the [Toolbar] section shows "BigScreen=ABCDZEFIZGZKLZMNOZPZSWUVZ" so there *should* be more than a few buttons visible.

I've tried renaming/deleting the INI file, as well as the "regsvr32 mscomctl.ocx" command, and while I didn't get any errors, the problem isn't fixed either.

Finally, my OS is XP service pack 3, so this isn't any oddness related to Vista or Win7

Suggestions, anyone?

Friend (imitating Borg): We Are Winnie Of Pooh. Your Hunny Will Be Assimilated.
Me: But if the Borg assimilated Winnie the Pooh, his negative IQ would drastically reduce the entire Collective's intelligence. .... Oh, so this has already happened, then? It explains a lot.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2012 10:46 pm 
MechMeister
MechMeister

Don't know that I've heard of that, especially with XP. I'd try re-installing, failing that, downloading and installing the runtimes separately (under "What if this doesn't work about 2/3 the way down the http://www.heavymetalpro.com/vista.htm page).

* There are 10 types of people in this world. Those who understand binary and those who don't. *

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2012 11:28 pm 
Private
Private

Re-installed HMBA, restarted system, still no toolbar buttons.

Installed the runtimes as directed, restarted system, still no toolbar buttons.

(sigh) I hate situations like this. It's not the application's fault - especially when there haven't been major updates in years, like the HM programs. Therefore it's a Windows problem, but just try getting Microsoft to answer any questions when the application wasn't written by them. Frequently the only fix that works is a from-the-top-down complete OS reinstall. And I really am not in the mood for that.

Friend (imitating Borg): We Are Winnie Of Pooh. Your Hunny Will Be Assimilated.
Me: But if the Borg assimilated Winnie the Pooh, his negative IQ would drastically reduce the entire Collective's intelligence. .... Oh, so this has already happened, then? It explains a lot.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2012 7:53 am 
Supreme Mugwump
Supreme Mugwump

Quote:
And I really am not in the mood for that
nobody is.
and nobody has his day off.