Welcome to the HeavyMetalPro Forums

It is currently Thu May 02, 2024 8:56 pm

All times are UTC-04:00

Post subject: Overwriting maps problem
PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2012 9:53 am 
Private First Class
Private First Class

Hi Rick,

I am having trouble with overwriting of the maps once they are saved. It appears to be a program glitch as once it starts overwriting it has to be reinstalled to rectify the problem. Its happened multiple times on My Vista and My XP machines. I create a map and preview it and its fine and then I save it down as a image and when I open it in photoshop and its overwritten. When I go back to HMM and preview it again its overwritten. Here is what it looks like when it crashes. Any ideas?

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2012 10:37 am 
Test Pilot
Test Pilot

:o How much of that image did you ment to do?

I forget if or how HMM interacts with video cards or their drivers, but can I ask you what you are using?

Are there other maps, ones you didn't create, that load up FUBAR like that?

"He closes his eyes and remembers the night splattered with brightness, the sudden flare of erupting fuel, the mad chase as, supersonic, he bobbed and weaved among the hills and valleys of the Ozarks, the laws on his tail, burning for home …"

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2012 11:16 am 
Private First Class
Private First Class

Its suppose to be a "terrain key" with three columns of terrain shown. I planned on putting the jpeg in photoshop to add the text descriptions for each terrain. Since my first post I have moved to the XP and crashed it also trying to create the terrain key. Now anything I open in HMM is overwritten on both computers. The HMM of the Vista is stock and on the XP it has extra terrains added in the add-on tab. I think I have all the updates installed.

I had no issues with a new map I created last week. Its seems to be this terrain key thats causing the trouble.

Can someone see if they can emulate this?

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2012 11:40 am 
Private First Class
Private First Class

Now when I close HMM and reopen it and create a new map and save it as animage before adding any terrain this is what it looks like. It will continue until I reinstall HMM. Its a real pain where I have custom hexes added to one machine.

PS - I have no idea where the "Concrete terrain" came from.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2012 12:04 pm 
Private First Class
Private First Class

I uninstalled HMM rebooted and reinstalled HMM and rebooted and I still get the overwriting error when saving to jpeg. So I am dead in the water now.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2012 1:38 pm 
MechMeister
MechMeister

So, maps included with the program load and print/image okay, and other maps you've done work as well, but this "terrain key" always has the problem? Can you post the file or email it to me?

* There are 10 types of people in this world. Those who understand binary and those who don't. *