Welcome to the HeavyMetalPro Forums

It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 1:22 am

All times are UTC-04:00

Post subject: HM Map Question
PostPosted: Sat Jul 18, 2015 9:02 pm 

I have a question about the Map Properties -> Level Graphics settings. I have tried switching between the first two options on
multiple maps and can see no graphic or text based difference. I have even loaded screen shots into Photoshop and can confirm
there are literally no differences on the maps I am looking at. Or perhaps I just am not seeing it? Here is an example.

Post subject: Re: HM Map Question
PostPosted: Sat Jul 18, 2015 10:44 pm 
MechMeister
MechMeister

You're not seeing a difference because you haven't added any Terrain graphics to your map. The option only applies to Terrain graphics, which is basically the background of the hex (not the entire map, necessarily, but the hexes). I've reproduced your map area below, only adding Grass 2 (Decorative) as the Terrain level on most of the land hexes. Now the two look like:

The Left pic above shows the first option: Terrain graphics drawn over Elevation Level graphics. The Level #s are still shown, but the varying graphics used for each level are not visible; the Terrain graphics dominate, although you still see the "cliffs" indicating changes in elevation. The Right pic shows the second option: Elevation Level graphics drawn over Terrain graphics. This allows changes in elevation to be seen more easily, at the cost of not seeing the Terrain graphics on non-zero elevations. Note hex 0910, at Level 0, which on the right pic still shows the Terrain graphic, and hex 1011, the corner of which is at the extreme bottom right, had no Terrain drawn on it, so the elevation shows in both cases.

Hope this helps.

* There are 10 types of people in this world. Those who understand binary and those who don't. *