Welcome to the HeavyMetalPro Forums

It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 1:09 am

All times are UTC-04:00

PostPosted: Sun Apr 02, 2017 4:21 pm 
Lieutenant, JG
Lieutenant, JG

Hey Rick, I'm not sure if TechManual requires that a wheeled vehicle's engine be more than 0 tons, because a 4 ton vehicle, that has a Cruising MP of 3, has an engine rating of negative 8 because:
(4 tons * Cruising MP of 3)-20 = -8

Any rules ideas that I post for BT aren't official unless an up to date BT rulesbook declares otherwise. You might have to wait at least a fortnight for me to reply because I'm usually very active. I won't discuss real life politics or religion on any of these forum(s), but my favorite color is yellow like my skin color (hint).

PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2017 6:40 am 
Supreme Mugwump
Supreme Mugwump

the original rules listed a list of possible engine types, wich were all haveing at least half a ton of weight(or later, with Special engines, atleast the weight was always positive).

also the formula you give tells us the Minimum engine Rating for said vehicle, not the weight.
together you get: you Need an engine Rating of -8, the smallest engines from the list that have that engine Rating(or more) are the ten Point engines, wich have positive weight.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2017 3:50 pm 
Lieutenant, JG
Lieutenant, JG

I thank you cobayashimaru for your reply. I just wanted to know if HeavyMetal Vee would crash if I was starting with a light or a very light vehicle and had small engine on it. I'm considering purchasing a copy of HeavyMetal Vee to design some slow moving farm vehicles.

Any rules ideas that I post for BT aren't official unless an up to date BT rulesbook declares otherwise. You might have to wait at least a fortnight for me to reply because I'm usually very active. I won't discuss real life politics or religion on any of these forum(s), but my favorite color is yellow like my skin color (hint).