Welcome to the HeavyMetalPro Forums

It is currently Sun Oct 22, 2017 3:18 pm

All times are UTC-04:00

Post subject: Private Messaging issue
PostPosted: Sat May 20, 2017 12:28 am 
Warrant Officer
Warrant Officer

Evening PDT,

One member has contacted me using Private Messaging three times. The first two times I have been able to send replies via Private Messaging. The third message is time stamped Sun May 14, 2017 12:31 pm.

I have made four attempts to send a reply to the May 14 message and one try at messaging the member. All the attempts indicated that they were successfully sent, but when I check the Private Message page they all have been in the Outbox.

I have also tried twice using the following address admin@heavymetalpro.com to get help without any replies.

I am using the latest Firefox browser and any help would be greatly appreciated.

PostPosted: Sat May 20, 2017 11:04 pm 
Village Drunk
Village Drunk

I'm guessing more information is going to be needed to fix this issue (if any issue actually exists). Are you certain the person for whom the message was intended did not receive the message?

PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2017 11:16 am 
Warrant Officer
Warrant Officer

Morning PDT chihawk,

chihawk wrote:
I'm guessing more information is going to be needed to fix this issue (if any issue actually exists). Are you certain the person for whom the message was intended did not receive the message?

I have not have had a reply from the person on PM or via email.

I will try sending you a PM to see if I can get out. Please note that I also tried using IE to send a PM with the same result.

Update:
I have sent you a PM which showed the message that the PM was sent, however the message is sitting in my Outbox.

Please let me know if you received my PM.

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2017 10:56 pm 
Warrant Officer
Warrant Officer

Update 05/24/17 PDT. I checked to see if my replies have been sent or were still in the PM Outbox. The out going PM appears to take about three days. At least I know that it is working.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2017 10:43 pm 
Warrant Officer
Warrant Officer

Evening PDT,

I am still having an issue with Private Messaging. Between 5/25/17 and 9/28/17 PDT I have tried to send seven messages. One moved from the Outbox to the Sent box, two of the messages disappeared from the Outbox, I deleted three after about 5 days, and I sent one on 9/23/17 that is still in the Outbox as of 7:42 PM PDT 9/28/17.

Is there anything I can do to fix my Private Messaging?

PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2017 2:50 pm 
Warrant Officer
Warrant Officer

hey Tom,
Thanks for posting Private Messaging issue. I also am having trouble with private messaging. Today I typed three Usernames in the Usernames rectangular box of a private message I wanted to send; the HeavyMetalPro.com website said those three Usernames (Hitman, chihawk, Goose) don't exist after I tried sending that private message for its first sending time; (that private message I could only send to Rick Raisley regarding Crazy Strafey topic).

Any rules ideas that I post for BT aren't official unless an up to date BT rulesbook declares otherwise. You might have to wait at least a fortnight for me to reply because I'm usually very active. I won't discuss real life politics or religion on any of these forum(s), but my favorite color is yellow like my skin color (hint).

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2017 12:23 am 
Warrant Officer
Warrant Officer

Evening PDT,

I sent a PM to another forum member at 9:10 AM PDT that went to my Outbox. I checked to see if the PM was still in the Outbox at 9:10 PM PDT to my surprise and delight the message is in my sent box.

I want to thank anyone who had a hand in fixing the issue or at least for attracting the attention of the web gremlins from me.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2017 11:19 am 
Warrant Officer
Warrant Officer

Hello Administrators/Moderators,

On October 16, 2017 I sent a PM at 12:16 PM Pacific Daylight Time (PDT) that went to the Outbox and when I checked today October 20, 2017 at 7:55 AM the message was still in the Outbox. Since the message has not been sent I've deleted it to gain back space

My apologies to chihawk for not getting back to you sooner. However, I sent you a PM on May 20, 2017 that went to the PM Outbox and does not appear in the Sent folder. I also sent you a PM on October 04, 2017 which shows as having been sent. Did you receive the messages?

What information is needed by you or someone else to assist me in getting Private Messaging working with my account and how do I gather the information?

On a slightly related question: How or where do I go to so that my profile has my email address listed?

Respectfully,

PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2017 5:18 pm 
Village Drunk
Village Drunk

I routinely delete your PMs Chip, so you and all your alter egos may as well stop as I never read them anyway.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2017 10:03 pm 
Warrant Officer
Warrant Officer

Evening chihawk,

chihawk wrote:
I routinely delete your PMs Chip, so you and all your alter egos may as well stop as I never read them anyway.

Thank you for the reply.