Welcome to the HeavyMetalPro Forums

It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 12:57 am

All times are UTC-04:00

Post subject: Weirdness
PostPosted: Sat Sep 26, 2015 10:59 pm 
Antisocial General
Antisocial General

I am not sure when exactly this problem started. But sometime since switching to Windows 10, this has started happening on the forums:
Quote:
Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/heavym2/public_html/forums/includes/bbcode.php on line 483

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/heavym2/public_html/forums/includes/bbcode.php on line 483

[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3760: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3763: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
All that mess is showing up above the board window, and the board itself is displaying in a much larger font than formerly.

I use Chrome; I haven't tested yet to see if it's doing the same thing in other browsers.

Post subject: Re: Weirdness
PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2015 12:52 am 
General
General

It is doing the same in IE (and I am running Windows 7).

MA

PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2015 6:48 am 
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

Me too and I'm on Windows 8.1

PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2015 11:40 am 
Antisocial General
Antisocial General

Further information...the main forum front page appears fine. It starts doing this weird stuff when I click into the subforums and post messages. For example, I just got this when I went into the Aerospace Design and posted in the off topic forums.
Quote:

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/heavym2/public_html/forums/includes/bbcode.php on line 112

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/heavym2/public_html/forums/includes/bbcode.php on line 112
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3760: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3763: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)

PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2015 11:41 am 
Antisocial General
Antisocial General

I'm no expert, but it looks to me like something has become corrupted in the board configuration.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2015 12:11 pm 
Supreme Mugwump
Supreme Mugwump

or that there is a later Version of the board description language used wich makes the used Version obsolete.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2015 5:23 am 
Stratego
Stratego

I get the oddness on all of the forums when I go to reply and the font size changes to twice the size it normally is.

Darkness is a friend of mine. Sometimes I have to beat it back, or it would overwhelm me. Shirley Meier

[url]http://karagin12.livejournal.com/[/url]

The Wookiee, he's not wearing any pants!

[img]http://www.heavymetalpro.com/countries/mil-army.gif[/img]

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2015 5:23 am 
Stratego
Stratego

Getting this also on my Win7 machine.

Darkness is a friend of mine. Sometimes I have to beat it back, or it would overwhelm me. Shirley Meier

[url]http://karagin12.livejournal.com/[/url]

The Wookiee, he's not wearing any pants!

PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2015 9:46 pm 
Major General
Major General

I am using Chrome and get:

I can only log into the HM site in a protected mode. if not it says im logged in but doesnt show me nor does any topic i havent read show up gold.

Pain heals, Chicks dig scars but GLORY lasts forever!!!!!!!

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2015 7:05 am 
Antisocial General
Antisocial General

Still having problems on both Win10/Chrome at home, and Win7/IE10 at work. This is definitely a board side thing.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2015 1:30 pm 
Test Pilot
Test Pilot

Rest assured Rick is on the case …

"He closes his eyes and remembers the night splattered with brightness, the sudden flare of erupting fuel, the mad chase as, supersonic, he bobbed and weaved among the hills and valleys of the Ozarks, the laws on his tail, burning for home …"

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2015 7:50 pm 
Antisocial General
Antisocial General

A recent new development: I am now able to post only from my home computer, where I was already logged in. I can no longer log in from other computers, such as at work. It just keeps recycling me back to the login screen after accepting my name and password.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2015 1:54 am 
Loki
Loki

Yup...I have only one computer I can login from at the moment...

"I'm gonna Tea Party like its 1776." - Medron Pryde
Who is John Galt?

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2015 9:51 pm 
MechMeister
MechMeister

Mulsiphix has upgraded the forums, and, hopefully, they are now operational. This is my first post since the upgrade, so we'll see.

* There are 10 types of people in this world. Those who understand binary and those who don't. *

PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2015 2:46 am 
Supreme Mugwump
Supreme Mugwump

well, the weirdness seems to be gone, and i was able to Login without being forgotten instantly...

PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2015 4:06 am 
Loki
Loki

Sexy and new I see....

:)

Though names on the right is a bit odd to this duck...and I should know odd...

;)

Who is John Galt?

PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2015 9:30 am 
MechMeister
MechMeister

[quote="Medron Pryde"Though names on the right is a bit odd to this duck...and I should know odd...

;)[/quote]
I swear it wasn't that way last night. But I didn't post that much, and spent more time deleting over 20,000 bot registrations and looking at forum setup.

* There are 10 types of people in this world. Those who understand binary and those who don't. *

PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2015 9:45 am 
Sergeant
Sergeant

hurray ..... normal has returned!

PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2015 2:15 pm 
MechMeister
MechMeister

Quote:
hurray ..... normal has returned!
Well, the new normal, anyhow. ;-)

PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2015 2:36 pm 
MechMeister
MechMeister

Quote:
Though names on the right is a bit odd to this duck...and I should know odd...

;)
Turns out that was the prosilver theme. I've changed the boards back to subsilver2, which is closer to the original. It makes better use of the window width, and names are on the expected left side. If you prefer the other, you can go to your profile and change your board style.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2015 8:08 pm 
Loki
Loki

I still see them on the right.

I'm betting whatever you changed did so for YOU rather than for everyone else.

I have not gone anywhere and said I wish to see the board differently than the standard.

Who is John Galt?

PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2015 8:47 pm 
MechMeister
MechMeister

Quote:
I still see them on the right.
I didn't force them to be that way. I set the default to on the left, but you may have to change yours yourself, in your User Control Panel.

OTOH, Maybe for now I /will/ force them all to what I'm seeing, so I only have one to work on. If I get complaints, I can make the other theme available later.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2015 1:32 am 
Test Pilot
Test Pilot

Smilie check!

:-D :) :( :sad: :-o :-? 8) :lol: :-P :embarrased: :frown: :evil: :roll: :wink: :-] :shocked: :blush: :sleepy: :alien: :angry: :devil: :eyes: :rotate: :spiny: :suave: :idea: :stupid: :talker: :toast: :wave: :whip: :angel: :santa: :puter: :scream: :orbit: :lick: :offtopic: :drink: :dunce: :dunno: :exclamation: :censor: :clap: :confused: :cry: :dance: :shout:

"He closes his eyes and remembers the night splattered with brightness, the sudden flare of erupting fuel, the mad chase as, supersonic, he bobbed and weaved among the hills and valleys of the Ozarks, the laws on his tail, burning for home …"

PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2015 3:18 am 
Loki
Loki

Ah...that is better...and the smilies seem to work...

:santa: :angel: :santa:

Who is John Galt?

PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2015 10:10 am 
MechMeister
MechMeister

Quote:
Ah...that is better...and the smilies seem to work...

:santa: :angel: :santa:
Uh, yeah, I would agree.

Back to work! :whip:

PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2015 2:52 pm 
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

Thanks much better

PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2015 1:29 pm 
Antisocial General
Antisocial General

It's alive! ALIVE!!!!! MWAHAHAHAHA :lol:

Like others, I am seeing the names and avatars on the right side of the screen. I am also not seeing where it can be changed in the control panel. Might be a mod-only function?

PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2015 3:16 pm 
MechMeister
MechMeister

Quote:
Like others, I am seeing the names and avatars on the right side of the screen. I am also not seeing where it can be changed in the control panel. Might be a mod-only function?
Sorry, I, or another Admin (Mulsiphix) set the forums back to proSilver, rather than subsilver2. I've set them back. subsilver2 is more what we're used to. Just so everyone can start off seeing the same thing, I've also set it so the subsilver2 theme is not user-changeable. Once I have things the way I want, I may set it back so it can be user-changed.

We're finding that some of the various spam-prevention techniques work with one theme, but not another. Plus, I have yet to go back and add my graphics, and I'd like to change a couple fonts. I need to do that one theme at a time, or I'l go crazy. Whoops! Too late! ;-)