Welcome to the HeavyMetalPro Forums

It is currently Sun May 05, 2024 12:14 pm

All times are UTC-04:00

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2001 4:06 am 
Kommandant
Kommandant

Location: Austin, Texas, on assignment from the Skye Republic
Rick, it's logging me out. It'll have my name, and no blank for a password, then when I hit POST it'll tell me to enter my password!!

Any ideas?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2001 4:17 am 
MechMeister
MechMeister

Not really. Although the fact that your password ***'s are visible means you aren't really logged in. That's what you see when you make a post and you're not logged in. If you're already logged in, you see only your Username and no password.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2001 6:16 am 
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

If it's the same thing that I've been encountering, the problem is you're logged in (it identifies you by name, and doesn't have a password space) but it says you're logged out when you post...

I usually go back, then repost - it seems to do the trick most of the time.

Scott

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2001 8:51 pm 
Kommandant
Kommandant

Location: Austin, Texas, on assignment from the Skye Republic
Quote:
On 2001-12-24 00:17, Rick Raisley wrote:
Not really. Although the fact that your password ***'s are visible means you aren't really logged in. That's what you see when you make a post and you're not logged in. If you're already logged in, you see only your Username and no password.
That's just it-- I see my name ina colored bar, and no bar or blank (no ***s) for a password. I type stuff in, and it tells me I must enter in my password. Hit back, and it shows as before, click the link to the forum, and hit post again, and this time I have blanks. But it's supposed to stay logged in... I bet it's something to do with my settings. Cookies are enabled, both session and stored. Hrmph.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2001 3:55 am 
MechMeister
MechMeister

I know that sessions do time out (but am not sure what the time is, maybe Longwalker knows). So if you have a posting screen up for quite a long time before submitting a post, it can time out before you go to submit it. This was causing some Anonymous posts, so I made it so that people have to sign up first (although I really wasn't interested in limiting that - it was just to help prevent unwanted Anonymous posts).

If it happens in a relatively short period of time, then I'm afraid I'm not sure what it would be.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2002 7:25 pm 
Test Pilot
Test Pilot

Quote:
On 2001-12-24 02:16, Scott wrote:
If it's the same thing that I've been encountering, the problem is you're logged in (it identifies you by name, and doesn't have a password space) but it says you're logged out when you post...

I usually go back, then repost - it seems to do the trick most of the time.

Scott
You make it sound like your post was still there. Mine got voided out, so that I have to type all that stuff again, after the screeming fit was over :angryfire:

Goose

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Goose on 2002-03-17 15:26 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Goose on 2002-03-17 17:03 ]</font>

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2002 8:44 pm 
MechMeister
MechMeister

Uh, logouts shouldn't occur any more, as long as you check the box when you log in. This was fixed/changed quite a while ago.

But anytime you do a lot of typing, and after pressing Submit, find that it won't take it, simply hit Back and select and copy your text, so you can paste it in a new post.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2002 9:02 pm 
Test Pilot
Test Pilot

Quote:
On 2002-03-17 16:44, Rick Raisley wrote:
Uh, logouts shouldn't occur any more, as long as you check the box when you log in. This was fixed/changed quite a while ago.

But anytime you do a lot of typing, and after pressing Submit, find that it won't take it, simply hit Back and select and copy your text, so you can paste it in a new post.
That's my point: It's all ready gone by then. If you haven't done an `select all' and `copy' by the time you pust `submit,' you are SOL.

OK, I'm not that mad anymore. I should have said "Fresh Out of Luck." :wink:

Goose

"He closes his eyes and remembers the night splattered with brightness, the sudden flare of erupting fuel, the mad chase as, supersonic, he bobbed and weaved among the hills and valleys of the Ozarks, the laws on his tail, burning for home …"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2002 9:17 pm 
MechMeister
MechMeister

I have never, on any site, gone to send a post and, when encountering an error or logout, not been able to simply got Back, and copy the text then.